Posts

Showing posts from February, 2019

FREE Download 1940s Vintage-Inspired Blouse Pattern

Image
Why hello there!
To dive right in, I designed this vintage-inspired blouse, made multiple blouses for myself with it, and now would like to share it with you!  To begin, go ahead and download the pattern here → Blouse Pattern



Now this pattern was drafted for measurements of 34" Bust, 26" Waist, and 39" Hip, so if this size won't fit you, tune in to my next blog post for a tutorial on how to grade this pattern to any size!


Now onto the sewing instructions!

A couple of general notes first:
All seams are sewn with a 5/8" seam allowance unless otherwise specifiedYou can use woven or knit fabric with this pattern, but make sure fabric is pre-shrunk

Materials needed: 1 1/4 yards of Fabric (More if matching patterns and stripes)Chalk or Fabric MarkerButtonsThreadScissorsSewing PinsIron/Ironing Board
1. You will begin by ironing your fabric, laying out the pattern pieces, and cutting them all out.  You may notice that not all of my pieces match, and that is because I only had …

1950s Shorts - Simplicity 4680

Image
I was so excited to find this shorts pattern!  I have a hard time finding shorts that I like in the store, (“high-waisted” never seems to actually mean "high-waisted" on me), and these are the perfect silhouette!  I didn’t waste any time in making a pair, and I was so pleased with how they turned out, I made another the next day!  I thought I would try a follow-along, showing you the steps in how I made these shorts, and hopefully, they will help you in making either this exact pair, something similar, or this will be just for entertainment!

I forgot to take pictures at the very beginning, but it should be very easy to catch you up!  I laid out my paper pattern pieces on the fabric, paying attention to grain lines, pinned them down, then cut out the pieces.  I traced out the dart lines on to the fabric with chalk, and then I basted the darts into place.  I then took the pieces to my sewing machine and sewed each of the darts.



I then pinned the front pieces together and the bac…